Recorder’s Office Taxpayer’s Bill of Rights
Each and every Taxpayer has the right:
- To be treated with courtesy and respect.
- To be treated fairly and equitably.
- To be provided information on services and benefits for which they might be qualified.
- To have their opinion heard.
- To be fully and factually informed.
- To be directed to the appropriate department or individual.
- To know how their property is being taxed for real property transfers.
- To appeal their real property transfer tax informally or formally.
- To expect to leave the Recorder's Office feeling as though they were served in a competent and professional manner.