Nevada Revised Statutes 618.383(2)(b) Requires:
If an employer has more than 25 employees, or if an employer's employees are engaged in the manufacture of explosives, the establishment of a safety committee. The safety committee must include representatives of employees. If the employees are represented by a labor organization, the representatives of employees must be selected by the employees and not appointed by the employer.
As such, Humboldt County's Safety Committee's purpose is to;
- Evaluate accident trends and suggest needed improvements and alternative solutions.
- Evaluate department inspection reports verifying corrective action was taken; identifying trends requiring further research; or assigning individuals to complete the research for input in the evaluation.
- Audit the safety program and verify proper implementation.
- Serve as a secondary source for employees to submit hazards without the fear of reprisal.
- Evaluate training sources for improved staff knowledge of safety and health.
- Promote safety activities.
- Develop a safety newsletter, bulletins, or posters.
- Conduct inspections.
- Combination of the above or others, but be specific in your program to give guidance.