How can I request to be excused from jury duty?

Per Nevada statute, persons of 70 years or more as well as those who are 65 or older and living 65 miles or more away are automatically exempt from serving as a juror. If you do not meet these qualifications but you would still like to be excused, you may submit a written request to the Court detailing your reason for the request. Please include as much information about your circumstances as possible. Your letter should contain a phone number at which you can be reached during business hours as well.

Address requests to

District Court

50 W. 5th Street

Suite #207

Winnemucca, NV 89445

Please keep in mind that the Judge excuses potential jurors at his discretion and that individuals who receive a summons and fail to appear can be held in contempt. (N.R.S SS 6.020-030, 6.040)

Show All Answers

1. What is the difference between district and justice court?
2. Can I speak to the Judge directly?
3. Do I get paid for jury duty?
4. How can I request to be excused from jury duty?
5. What if I receive a juror summons for someone who no longer lives at my address?
6. What can I bring with me when I appear for jury duty?
7. How do I get selected for jury duty?
8. How do I file a complaint?
9. I need to obtain legal help. What are my options?
10. I need to file for custody, divorce, or administration of an estate, etc. What should my first step be?
11. If I can't find a form on your website, what can I do?
12. Where do I mail my filings?
13. How can I obtain court records or perform a name search for a background check?
14. Why can't District Court employees offer legal advice?
15. Where is the district court office located?